Transgender Days of Awareness are critical events for the Transgender community as well as the greater community.
For the Transgender community, it gives us a day where all things Transgender positive can be discussed. This is a day when we can shine.
The positive messages sent by Transgender Day of Awareness events educate the general public about Transgender people and our issues. It destigmatizes the demons placed on us by our detractors.
If you live in or around Norwalk, CT, please make an effort to support and attend this conference.
Transgender Day of Awareness
Time: 9:30am - 5:00pm
Location: Norwalk City Hall, 125 East Avenue, Norwalk, CT
The focus of the day will be relationships. To understand what it is to be transgender.
Come for any segment you like or stay for the whole DAY!!!
Venue change Norwalk town hall
Transgender Day of Awareness (Living in the Community or Relationships in the Community)
The vision of the day is to help family, friends, and the community understand some of the emotional experiences that a trans person goes through.
9:30 Doors open – coffee and breakfast items
10:00-11:30 Spiritual Panel
· Acceptance by your chosen religion on being trans
· Reconciling religion with who you are, your internal conflicts.
· What does scripture say?
· “Why did god do this to me?”
· Rev Salas – Parish Minister Unitarian Universalist
· Patti Smith (M2F) - Catholic Apostolic Church in North America
· Rev. Aaron Miller - Associate Minister of Pastoral Care at MCC
· Joann Prinzivalli – scripture analyst
11:30-1:00 Relationships and transition Panel - how transitioning affects others
Moderator; Amy Rose
· Discuss your experience
· What was your first reaction and how does it differ from how you feel now?
· Has your relationship changed?
· What image did you have in your mind?
· Did you have any notion of your friend/loved one internal struggle?
Participants: (Amy’s son), (Spouse), (Parent)
1:00-1:30 Lunch is on us (Bull’s head market)
Intro by Amy Rose
1:30-3:00 Donna Rose (Title unknown - her story & transition stages, medical, Sexual Vs Gender Identity, touch on the three panel discussions)
3:00-4:30 Workplace Panel – Office Relationships Moderator Rachel or Chris
· Transitioning at work, how to “come out”
· Keeping your job
· Relationships with other employees
· Transition steps
Participants: Rachel Goldberg, Donna Rose and Tony Ferraiolo
· TCC Groups
· Triangle Transgender Society
· True Colors
· Unitarian Universalist
· Connecticut Transadvocacy
· Jim Collins
This event is for friends and family of transgender individuals to help educate what their friend and loved one is experiencing.
So friends and family are encouraged to come.
Also, if you know of any transgender friends please pass the word along about this event.
Please contact me - Amy Rose if you would like to be involved.
Join Us On Face Book
Friday, April 23, 2010
Posted by De Sube at 4/23/2010 08:58:00 AM