Our One Single Demand:
Equal protection in all matters governed by civil law in all 50 states. We will accept no less and will work until it is achieved. Equality Across America exists to support grassroots organizing in all 435 Congressional Districts to achieve full equality.
Equal Protection encompasses many issues, including:
- Repeal of the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) so that every marriage in every state has the same federal rights.
- Repeal of Don't Ask, Don't Tell so that LGBT persons may serve in the military openly and with the same rights as their straight counterparts.
- An end to workplace discrimination for everyone with an Employment Non-Discrimination Act (ENDA) that protects everyone.
- The right to adopt children and raise families like any other parents.
- Hate Crimes legislation that includes LGBT people and protects us like any other targeted group.
- Immigration reform that recognizes same-sex couples and ends the needless separation of families.