Friday, November 28, 2008
Thursday, November 27, 2008
" I am thankful for having a wonderful partner in Cami and the love we have for one another. I am thankful for the wonderful state of Massachusetts where we were married to one another and bond ourselves together in this love. I am thankful for Cami's dear family, her mother and grandparents who love us and see the joy we bring to one another. I have so much to be thankful for this year. My journey did not end on July 31st in Trinidad, it only continued. It continues in happiness as I now feel whole and complete. This I am truly thankful for. I am thankful as my mother was that she lived to see this transformation before she died. My mother died on November 18th, she is no longer in pain and I know in her belief she is now with my father. I also am thankful for so many of my friends that were in many ways there with me on that joyous day. I am thankful to so many people of all walks of life, orientations and identities who have become friends and close ones. For the sharing of our life's experiences which has helped me better understand mine and start healing. I thank to so many who have allowed me to stand and speak in my hopes that I as the many that stand beside me to bring a brighter more equal and accepting Virginia and America soon. A state and country that all its people regardless of orientation, identities and beliefs but ALL its people are truly seen as equal, accepted and all inclusive under our Constitution which now grants these basic civil rights, except when limited by laws of discrimination, bigotry and hate."
With warm regards,
Michelle Marie McKay
"I stand in the wholeness of self-love and acceptance. Refusing to no longer hate any parts of myself. And now those parts of myself that use to wage war with each other, stand in agreement and face the same direction. I now move forward with purpose, potential and power."
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
- 12/01/2008 (World AIDS Day): VA Beach, VA - Little Creek Naval Amphibious Base, Indep. & Shore.
- 12/03/2008: Virginia Beach, VA- Fort Story, 83rd and Atlantic
- 12/03/2008: Norfolk, VA- Norfolk Naval Station, Hampton Blvd & International Terminal Blvd
- 12/03/2008: Virginia Beach, VA- Oceana Naval Air Station, VA Beach Blvd & First Colonial
- 12/03/2008: Portsmouth, VA- Portsmouth Naval Medical Center, London Blvd and Effingham
- 12/03/2008: Yorktown, VA- USCG Reserve Training Center, GWM Highway and Main